- mom: dad and i are getting divorced.
- me: WHAT??!!!!
- mom: AH-HAH! your phone DOES work!
- Me: It’s your wedding anniversary tomorrow, just thought I’d let you know.
- Dad: You are foolish, I would never forget…
- (10 minutes later)
- Dad: Is it really tomorrow?!!! What does your mum want? Ask her, but don’t make it look like I made you ask!!!
- (5 minutes later)
- Dad: Scrap that! Don’t ask your mum, she will know I sent you. Can’t you have some mother-daughter time and open the IKEA catalogue? Make her circle all cheap things she likes without mentioning me!!!
- Dad: Do it in the next hour. I will come to pick you up, we will go to IKEA to get all the things your mum has circled.